Welcome Young Adults to our Parish Community!
Looking for ways to meet new friends? Interested in exploring Windsor/Essex county with other young adults?
Wanting to get involved with your Church? Seeking ways to deepen your relationship with God?
If you are, then why not try out the Windsor Heritage Catholic Family of Parishes Young Adult Ministry?
Our intent is to offer plenty of social events, support structures, faith experiences, and community involvement to help our young adults to feel welcome, at home, and valued in our faith communities.
Also, its a great way to leave your mark on so many others. So, if you are a young adult between 18 and your late 30’s, native or new to our community, a student, a worker or in-between, single or not, come and join us!
- Young Adults and Lent: During the Lenten season we invite young adults to intertwine with our parish Lenten practices. The First Friday of Lent the Young Adults will lead the praying of the Stations of the Cross at 7:00pm in Assumption Church. Following the praying of the stations, each Friday evening of Lent the Young Adults will host a reflection and discussion session in Rosary Hall for all who wish to participate. It will include a reflection on two of the stations and discussion on the experience of Jesus and its connection to our lives.
- September – Parish Picnic/Student Welcome Sunday from noon to 2:00pm on the Assumption Grounds. Features information about Young Adult Ministry, games and activities, and of course a picnic with our parishioners.
- October – Praise and Worship Music Night with our 7:30 (student mass) choir.
- November – Young Adult Movie Night
- December – International Students Holiday Dinner
Keep your eye on the website and social media to see what is coming up or contact Jean Beneteau at jbeneteau@dol for more information.
If you would like to help plan events then please join our Young Adult Planning Team, by contacting Jean.
Summer Fun Day – August 2023
The afternoon outing included a trip to Seacliff Park for beach time and volleyball, followed by a tour of Holy Family Retreat House, a light supper and prayer service on the grounds.
Games Night – July 2023
The evening included card games, board games, Ice-breakers, and outdoor activities.