Welcome to the Windsor Heritage Catholic Family of Parishes! !
We are proud to represent the heritage of Windsor in so many ways:
- Our Lady of the Assumption is the oldest parish in Canada west of Montreal. It was founded as the “Mission of Our Lady of the Assumption among the Hurons” in 1728, and established as a parish in 1767. Assumption represents the rich heritage of the indigenous peoples and the French settlers.
- Saint Alphonsus, founded in 1865, is the oldest parish in what was then Windsor, and had the first mission to the African community. It represents the rich heritage of the beginnings of the Church in Windsor.
- Saint Angela Merici is the Italian National parish for Windsor. St. Angela is proud to represent the Catholic Faith on Erie Street, and the rich heritage of the Italian people all across the area.
- Saint Benedict Tridentine Rite community is the home of the traditional Latin Mass, attracting people from both sides of the border. It represents the rich heritage of our worship.
- Saint Daniel Comboni, named after an Italian missionary to Sudan, is home to the African community across Windsor, representing the rich heritage of that continent.
While we are integrated into one “Family”, each parish retains its identity and customs. You are invited to check out our individual parish and community websites. Our pastoral team and administrative staff are happy to be of service. Please let us know your needs, and we will do our best to accommodate you.